Former Announcer/Engineer Ed Jurak Dies at age 75
Gord Lansdell at his Northwest Broadcasters site is reporting the death of former Vancouver announcer/engineer Ed Jurak last Saturday, January 26 at age 75. He had been battling several health issues over the last few years.
Jurak hosted weekends and fill-in at CKLG/CKLG-FM Vancouver 1963-66, was on air at CHTK Prince Rupert from 1966-71 and station engineer from 1976-79.
He was an operator/on-air/engineer at All-News CKO-FM Vancouver from 1983-89, chief engineer at CKST Langley/Vancouver from 1991-2002 and engineer for the CHUM Radio Group Vancouver 2002-04 when he retired.
A celebration of life is being planned for the near future.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- 102.7 The Peak’s James Sutton and Casey Jo…
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Edmonton Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- Vancouver Radio PPM Demographics June 2019
- Victoria Radio Ratings … Diary Spring 2019