Former Announcer/Engineer Ed Jurak Dies at age 75
Gord Lansdell at his Northwest Broadcasters site is reporting the death of former Vancouver announcer/engineer Ed Jurak last Saturday, January 26 at age 75. He had been battling several health issues over the last few years.
Jurak hosted weekends and fill-in at CKLG/CKLG-FM Vancouver 1963-66, was on air at CHTK Prince Rupert from 1966-71 and station engineer from 1976-79.
He was an operator/on-air/engineer at All-News CKO-FM Vancouver from 1983-89, chief engineer at CKST Langley/Vancouver from 1991-2002 and engineer for the CHUM Radio Group Vancouver 2002-04 when he retired.
A celebration of life is being planned for the near future.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Vancouver’s CKNW Celebrates 75 Years!
- ‘CBS Evening News’ ratings plummet on Norah…