Former Announcer/Engineer Ed Jurak Dies at age 75
Gord Lansdell at his Northwest Broadcasters site is reporting the death of former Vancouver announcer/engineer Ed Jurak last Saturday, January 26 at age 75. He had been battling several health issues over the last few years.
Jurak hosted weekends and fill-in at CKLG/CKLG-FM Vancouver 1963-66, was on air at CHTK Prince Rupert from 1966-71 and station engineer from 1976-79.
He was an operator/on-air/engineer at All-News CKO-FM Vancouver from 1983-89, chief engineer at CKST Langley/Vancouver from 1991-2002 and engineer for the CHUM Radio Group Vancouver 2002-04 when he retired.
A celebration of life is being planned for the near future.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Radio & Music man Bobby Gale killed in car crash
- Talk Host Bill Carroll replacing Evan Solomon on…
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Former CTV Anchor Tamara Taggart Running for Fed…
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- CHEK Loses Rising Star Ceildh (Kaley) Miller to…
- After 20 years in Edmonton, Stephen Keppler &…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Dying CNN Lost Almost 30% of Primetime Audience