Former Announcer/Engineer Ed Jurak Dies at age 75
Gord Lansdell at his Northwest Broadcasters site is reporting the death of former Vancouver announcer/engineer Ed Jurak last Saturday, January 26 at age 75. He had been battling several health issues over the last few years.
Jurak hosted weekends and fill-in at CKLG/CKLG-FM Vancouver 1963-66, was on air at CHTK Prince Rupert from 1966-71 and station engineer from 1976-79.
He was an operator/on-air/engineer at All-News CKO-FM Vancouver from 1983-89, chief engineer at CKST Langley/Vancouver from 1991-2002 and engineer for the CHUM Radio Group Vancouver 2002-04 when he retired.
A celebration of life is being planned for the near future.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Fires Morning Show
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Teasing a Change
- More on Victoria’s KOOL FM Morning Show Changes
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- “Save Cold Lake Radio”! (Stingray is…
- Victoria’s KOOL FM becomes 107.3 Virgin Radio
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- RIP Broadcaster Mike Cleaver, Newsman…