Matt Cundill talks with Jim JJ Johnston on the ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
JJ “Jim” Johnston did something rather extraordinary last year. He committed to writing a blog everyday saluting someone in the radio or music industry. In an era where the social media stratosphere is predominantly negative, The project started on January 1 with Bruce Barker, wound its way through Victoria Day weekend with a tribute to yours truly, and then concluded on December 31 with David Marsden. These posts were shared across all social media platforms including Facebook. When you think about it, it’s a great idea so that can be shared and re-shared by everyone going forward.
JJ is continuing his work with his company JJ-IMS, which has now reached its way into radio in Australia, and extended beyond radio into management groups and talent in other media.
This episode should have you considering your blog strategy for 2019. I marvel at people like Fred Jacobs who commit to writing 5 days a week, and JJ who wrote everyday for a year.
This episode is powered by Promosuite. http://www.promosuite.com/
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Three Recent Departures in TV & Radio ..…
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal