Matt Cundill talks with Jim JJ Johnston on the ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
JJ “Jim” Johnston did something rather extraordinary last year. He committed to writing a blog everyday saluting someone in the radio or music industry. In an era where the social media stratosphere is predominantly negative, The project started on January 1 with Bruce Barker, wound its way through Victoria Day weekend with a tribute to yours truly, and then concluded on December 31 with David Marsden. These posts were shared across all social media platforms including Facebook. When you think about it, it’s a great idea so that can be shared and re-shared by everyone going forward.
JJ is continuing his work with his company JJ-IMS, which has now reached its way into radio in Australia, and extended beyond radio into management groups and talent in other media.
This episode should have you considering your blog strategy for 2019. I marvel at people like Fred Jacobs who commit to writing 5 days a week, and JJ who wrote everyday for a year.
This episode is powered by Promosuite. http://www.promosuite.com/
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- 102.7 The Peak’s James Sutton and Casey Jo…
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Edmonton Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019