Stingray Buys CHOO-FM Drumheller
MONTREAL, Jan. 07, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Stingray Group Inc. (TSX: RAY.A, RAY.B) is pleased to announce that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Stingray Radio Inc., has entered into an agreement to acquire the assets of CHOO-FM in Drumheller, Alberta, from Golden West Broadcasting Ltd. subject to approval from the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (“CRTC”).
“The acquisition of CHOO-FM offers an excellent opportunity for Stingray to add an FM station in Drumheller that will perfectly complement our Real Country-branded CKDQ-AM,” commented Ian Lurie, President, Radio Operations of Stingray. “The stations, under one ownership, can now focus on best serving listeners and clients in a small market environment where resources are challenged.”
Financial terms of the transaction have not been disclosed. However Stingray anticipates that the effective multiple paid is in the six times range. If approved, the closing is expected to take place mid-2019.
About Stingray Group Inc.
Montreal-based Stingray Group Inc. (TSX: RAY.A; RAY.B) is a leading music, media, and technology company with over 1,200 employees worldwide. Stingray is a premium provider of curated direct-to-consumer and B2B services, including audio television channels, more than 100 radio licences, SVOD content, 4K UHD television channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music, and music apps, which have been downloaded over 100 million times. Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 156 countries.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- RIP OTR writer/actor/director Herb Ellis, aged 96