Chuck’s Classics, featuring Hank Williams Jr.
Hank Williams Jr
He is the son of legendary country star Hank Williams. Jr has been active from 1957 until the present time. #1 hits were many on the US country charts including this one from 1982.
Chuck Benson – Started his broadcast career in 1960 as a writer at CKYL, Peace River, AB, where in 1965 he won the Gold Leaf Award (now called the Juno) for Top Disc Jockey for Canada. From there, a brief stint at CFRN, Edmonton, AB as Promotions Manager for AM/FM Radio. Then in ’62 helped open CKNL Fort St. John, BC. In ’68 Chuck and two others (Ernie Mushtuk and Ernie Mykyte) started up Yellowhead Broadcasting Ltd out of Edson, AB, eventually ending up with satellites in Grande Cache, Jasper, Whitecourt and Hinton, AB. He sold his interests and moved to Vancouver, ending up with CFVR, Abbotsford as General Sales Manager, then Manager of CHPQ, Parksville, and eventually as a Sales Consultant with CIGV-FM in Penticton. Chuck is retired from broadcasting and living with his wife in Parksville
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- RIP OTR writer/actor/director Herb Ellis, aged 96