RIP Former Ace Reporter, Coroner’s Spokesperson Barb McLintock, 68
The woman who served for years as the voice and face of the BC Coroners Service for years has passed away.
Barb McLintock died on Saturday at the age of 68 from complications related to recently-diagnosed thyroid cancer.
McLintock, a former award-winning political journalist and Victoria bureau chief with The Province newspaper, joined the Coroners Service as an investigating coroner in 2004. In 2011, she took on a more public role, becoming the first coroner of strategic programs — a role that involved managing media relations.
“Barb was a natural in this role, as a well respected journalist from her days as a legislative reporter. She elevated the awareness of the work done by our agency in death investigation and leaves a tremendous legacy in this regard,” she wrote.
“I cannot say enough about the credibility, professionalism and experience Barb brought to the coroners service. Barb was on a first-name basis with virtually every experienced journalist in the province, as well as most of the politicians.”
READ MORE HERE AT THE GLOBAL NEWS WEBSITE
The following is courtesy Matt Hylan at C-FAX 1070 News:
By crocheting, or by not taking notes as she talked with politicians, Barb broke story after story. She says that by not taking notes politicians were more willing to open up. Her awards include the Canadian Association of Journalists “Best Investigative Reporting” Award in 1996.
She was also a regular guest on C-FAX talk shows, and even an occasional fill-in host. She also authored books on how Victoria became the first city in Canada to ban smoking in indoor public places, and on the controversial Montreux Eating Disorder Clinic.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM