Chuck’s Classics featuring Conway Twitty
Conway was a country singer, who also had some popular charted singles. He was active from 1955 to 1993. Twitty was an avid baseball player and was offered a contract with a professional team. But could not make it as he was drafted into the US Army prior to a signing the contract. One of the hits included this one from 1970.
Chuck Benson – Started his broadcast career in 1960 as a writer at CKYL, Peace River, AB, where in 1965 he won the Gold Leaf Award (now called the Juno) for Top Disc Jockey for Canada. From there, a brief stint at CFRN, Edmonton, AB as Promotions Manager for AM/FM Radio. Then in ’62 helped open CKNL Fort St. John, BC. In ’68 Chuck and two others (Ernie Mushtuk and Ernie Mykyte) started up Yellowhead Broadcasting Ltd out of Edson, AB, eventually ending up with satellites in Grande Cache, Jasper, Whitecourt and Hinton, AB. He sold his interests and moved to Vancouver, ending up with CFVR, Abbotsford as General Sales Manager, then Manager of CHPQ, Parksville, and eventually as a Sales Consultant with CIGV-FM in Penticton. Chuck is retired from broadcasting and living with his wife in Parksville.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Radio & Music man Bobby Gale killed in car crash
- Talk Host Bill Carroll replacing Evan Solomon on…
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Former CTV Anchor Tamara Taggart Running for Fed…
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- CHEK Loses Rising Star Ceildh (Kaley) Miller to…
- After 20 years in Edmonton, Stephen Keppler &…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Dying CNN Lost Almost 30% of Primetime Audience