CBC’s ‘As It Happens’ Marks its 50th Anniversary Friday
CBC Radio’s national current affairs show As It Happens will mark its 50th anniversary with a special hour-and-a-half-long episode featuring highlights from the program’s five-decade history.
Led by hosts Carol Off and Jeff Douglas (pictured above), the 50th anniversary special will air at 6:30 p.m. local time on Friday, Nov. 16 on CBC Radio One and the CBC Radio app.
The show, which has now surpassed 13,000 episodes, first premiered Nov. 18, 1968. As It Happens reportedly reaches 1.6 million listeners weekly via CBC Radio and is also heard on Sirius XM and more than 100 public radio stations in the U.S., with an audience of hundreds of thousands on digital platforms.
Our thanks to Connie Thiessen at Broadcast Dialogue for drawing this broadcast milestone to our attention.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Radio & Music man Bobby Gale killed in car crash
- Talk Host Bill Carroll replacing Evan Solomon on…
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Former CTV Anchor Tamara Taggart Running for Fed…
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- CHEK Loses Rising Star Ceildh (Kaley) Miller to…
- After 20 years in Edmonton, Stephen Keppler &…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Dying CNN Lost Almost 30% of Primetime Audience