CBC’s ‘As It Happens’ Marks its 50th Anniversary Friday
CBC Radio’s national current affairs show As It Happens will mark its 50th anniversary with a special hour-and-a-half-long episode featuring highlights from the program’s five-decade history.
Led by hosts Carol Off and Jeff Douglas (pictured above), the 50th anniversary special will air at 6:30 p.m. local time on Friday, Nov. 16 on CBC Radio One and the CBC Radio app.
The show, which has now surpassed 13,000 episodes, first premiered Nov. 18, 1968. As It Happens reportedly reaches 1.6 million listeners weekly via CBC Radio and is also heard on Sirius XM and more than 100 public radio stations in the U.S., with an audience of hundreds of thousands on digital platforms.
Our thanks to Connie Thiessen at Broadcast Dialogue for drawing this broadcast milestone to our attention.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Fires Morning Show
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Teasing a Change
- More on Victoria’s KOOL FM Morning Show Changes
- Victoria’s KOOL FM becomes 107.3 Virgin Radio
- “Save Cold Lake Radio”! (Stingray is…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- Updates on Stingray changes
- RIP Broadcaster Mike Cleaver, Newsman…