Producer Behind CBC’s Beachcombers, Dr. Bundolo Dead at 80
Sad to get the word through Gord Lansdell’s Northwest Broadcasters that CBC Vancouver producer/director Don S. Williams (above) died October 28 at age 80, ending a 25-year struggle with Parkinson’s Disease.
His work included writing, directing and executive producing The Beachcombers TV series. He was involved in the Dr. Bundolo comedy series and in a host of other productions for both CBC and outside producers.
In 1991, he turned to television acting and guest-starring engagements in a number of Vancouver-shot programs leading to a recurring role as The First Elder in The X-Files, the role for which he would be best known.
A private family remembrance is planned for a later date.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- Senior Reporter Peter Akman Turfed at CTV After…
- Soper and Brown ride again on 97.7 HTZfm
- CBC down billions after losing rights to Hockey…
- Recent Moves … as of Feb. 17th 2020
- Seattle iHeart Cuts Run Deep
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- Jon McComb Wearies of Retirement, Prepping a Podcast
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver