Six Seattle FM Stations on Standby Power Due to Fire
Our thanks to Gord Lansdell at Northwest Broadcasters for alerting us to a fire yesterday morning on a radio transmission tower on Tiger Mountain near Seattle.
The tower carries the signals of iHeart stations KSWD-FM 94.1, KBKS-FM 106.1 and KJAQ-FM 96.5; Hubbard stations KNUC-FM 98.9 and KQMV-FM 92.5, and Entercom’s KZOK 102.5. All are operating with standby transmitters and could be forced to do so for weeks, since engineers say repairs won’t be easy or anytime soon.
The stations were broadcasting HD from the Tiger antenna and do not have HD capabilities at their auxiliary site on Cougar Mountain, leaving a big gap in Seattle HD coverage.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Radio & Music man Bobby Gale killed in car crash
- Talk Host Bill Carroll replacing Evan Solomon on…
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Former CTV Anchor Tamara Taggart Running for Fed…
- Dying CNN Lost Almost 30% of Primetime Audience
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Boyd Leader leaves CFWE for Kelowna and Bell Media
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…