Six Seattle FM Stations on Standby Power Due to Fire
Our thanks to Gord Lansdell at Northwest Broadcasters for alerting us to a fire yesterday morning on a radio transmission tower on Tiger Mountain near Seattle.
The tower carries the signals of iHeart stations KSWD-FM 94.1, KBKS-FM 106.1 and KJAQ-FM 96.5; Hubbard stations KNUC-FM 98.9 and KQMV-FM 92.5, and Entercom’s KZOK 102.5. All are operating with standby transmitters and could be forced to do so for weeks, since engineers say repairs won’t be easy or anytime soon.
The stations were broadcasting HD from the Tiger antenna and do not have HD capabilities at their auxiliary site on Cougar Mountain, leaving a big gap in Seattle HD coverage.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Fires Morning Show
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Teasing a Change
- More on Victoria’s KOOL FM Morning Show Changes
- Victoria’s KOOL FM becomes 107.3 Virgin Radio
- “Save Cold Lake Radio”! (Stingray is…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- Updates on Stingray changes
- RIP Broadcaster Mike Cleaver, Newsman…