What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
The stars of the KiSS 103.1 breakfast show and the PM Drive are missing this hour from the station’s website, lending credence to the street reports of talent dismissals earlier today.
Those rumours were accompanied by a calculated guess concerning a format flip in the station’s future, a station whose history can be traced back to the earliest days of Victoria radio, as first CFCT and then later (as of 1941) as CJVI. That guess includes the belief Rogers suits are preparing to turn the station to Country music.
That format has been tried (and failed) twice before in Victoria; in the 1970’s on CJVI, and from 1995 to 2001 on CKXM (the old CKDA license) which has for the past 17 years been The Zone 91.3.
UPDATE: Please see HERE for an update cooling all speculation about a format change.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Mike Killeen’s New Gig is with CBC Vancouver TV News
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- Kudos to CTV Vancouver on Election Night
- Whither Seattle’s 106.1 KISS FM? 17 Year…
- Deep state rolls out staged “bomb” attack on CNN…
- Rebranded Crave streaming service combines HBO,…
- Jim Acosta White House Press Pass Suspended