Chuck’s Classics featuring Vaughn Monroe…
The Year was 1951, the song is called, ‘Sound Off’ (Duckworth chant) and the singer, Mr. Vaughn Monroe.
Munroe was a singer, actor, trumpeter, Big Band Leader. He died in the month of May 1973 at the age of 61.
Chuck Benson – Started his broadcast career in 1960 as a writer at CKYL, Peace River, AB, where in 1965 he won the Gold Leaf Award (now called the Juno) for Top Disc Jockey for Canada. From there, a brief stint at CFRN, Edmonton, AB as Promotions Manager for AM/FM Radio. Then in ’62 helped open CKNL Fort St. John, BC. In ’68 Chuck and two others (Ernie Mushtuk and Ernie Mykyte) started up Yellowhead Broadcasting Ltd out of Edson, AB, eventually ending up with satellites in Grande Cache, Jasper, Whitecourt and Hinton, AB. He sold his interests and moved to Vancouver, ending up with CFVR, Abbotsford as General Sales Manager, then Manager of CHPQ, Parksville, and eventually as a Sales Consultant with CIGV-FM in Penticton. Chuck is retired from broadcasting and living with his wife in Parksville.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Edmonton at 96.3
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- RIP OTR writer/actor/director Herb Ellis, aged 96
- So much for the dying days of Virgin Radio in Canada