My Favorite Flashback! Today, featuring The Diamonds
It was 1957, The Diamonds, from Canada (no cancon during those years) released their classic hit, Little Darlin’ in the United States.
Little Darlin’ was originally written by William Maurice and recorded the original version with his group called The Gladiolas.
The original members were Dave Somerville (lead), Ted Kowalski (tenor), Phil Levitt (baritone), and Bill Reed (bass)
It was in 1953 Dave Somerville, who was a sound engineer for the CBC in Toronto, met three other guys who liked to sing as much as he did. It was at that time, they formed the stand-up quartet called The Diamonds.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Mike Killeen’s New Gig is with CBC Vancouver TV News
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Kudos to CTV Vancouver on Election Night
- Whither Seattle’s 106.1 KISS FM? 17 Year…
- Deep state rolls out staged “bomb” attack on CNN…
- Rebranded Crave streaming service combines HBO,…
- No Flip? New KiSS 103.1 Morning Show Announced