My Favorite Flashback! Today, featuring The Diamonds
It was 1957, The Diamonds, from Canada (no cancon during those years) released their classic hit, Little Darlin’ in the United States.
Little Darlin’ was originally written by William Maurice and recorded the original version with his group called The Gladiolas.
The original members were Dave Somerville (lead), Ted Kowalski (tenor), Phil Levitt (baritone), and Bill Reed (bass)
It was in 1953 Dave Somerville, who was a sound engineer for the CBC in Toronto, met three other guys who liked to sing as much as he did. It was at that time, they formed the stand-up quartet called The Diamonds.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Fires Morning Show
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Teasing a Change
- More on Victoria’s KOOL FM Morning Show Changes
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- “Save Cold Lake Radio”! (Stingray is…
- Victoria’s KOOL FM becomes 107.3 Virgin Radio
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- RIP Broadcaster Mike Cleaver, Newsman…