My Favorite Flashback! Today, featuring The Diamonds
It was 1957, The Diamonds, from Canada (no cancon during those years) released their classic hit, Little Darlin’ in the United States.
Little Darlin’ was originally written by William Maurice and recorded the original version with his group called The Gladiolas.
The original members were Dave Somerville (lead), Ted Kowalski (tenor), Phil Levitt (baritone), and Bill Reed (bass)
It was in 1953 Dave Somerville, who was a sound engineer for the CBC in Toronto, met three other guys who liked to sing as much as he did. It was at that time, they formed the stand-up quartet called The Diamonds.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- 102.7 The Peak’s James Sutton and Casey Jo…
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Edmonton Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019
- Vancouver Radio PPM Demographics June 2019
- Victoria Radio Ratings … Diary Spring 2019