Fred Jacobs joins Matt Cundill on the ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
Fred Jacobs was a guest on Episode 53 in a preview to the Broadcasters Meet Podcasters sessions at Podcast Movement in 2017. I have always wanted to do an episode where we looked back at the evolution of his company and a tweet on the 35th anniversary of the company’s creation reminded me that it’s a good time to have that chat. We cover the creation of classic rock, his transition from the WRIF in Detroit to Jacobs Media, and his relationship to Buffalo where had a great success, a small failure, and a life long September 11th memory.
We also talked a bunch about the discipline in writing a daily blog, the age of acceleration, the importance of non-radio conferences like the CES and Podcast Movement and the importance of networking, meeting people and attending cocktail parties.
Fred mentioned the name of Kashmir Birk whom he sat with on a panel, you can connect with his LinkedIn page here. https://www.linkedin.
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…