CBC rebrands over-the-top streaming service to ‘CBC Gem’
The ad-free version of the service will continue to cost $4.99 per month
By Sameer Chhabra, MobileSyrup.com SEP 12, 2018
The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) is rebranding its over-the-top streaming service.
Dubbed ‘CBC Gem,’ the premium, ad-free service will continue to cost $4.99 per month.
CBC president Catherine Tait used the September 12th, 2018 Content Canada forum in Toronto to announce the rebrand.
According to tweets posted by Marcia Douglas — the director of business affairs and digital at the Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA) — CBC Gem will feature content from independent producers, other broadcasters, as well as existent CBC content.
CBC Gem will also serve French-language content for children living in the Corporation’s English-language markets.
The CBC’s streaming service will reportedly launch before the end of 2018. Tait also reportedly announced that the CBC is launching a new strategic plan sometime before March 2019. The CBC officially launched its streaming service in April 2018.
The premium version of the platform provided users with access to full, ad-free seasons of CBC programming, as well as 14 local CBC television channels live and the CBC News Network cable news channel.
READ MORE INDUSTRY TECH NEWS HERE AT MobileSyrup.com
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- ‘CBS Evening News’ ratings plummet on Norah…
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Longtime Breakfast Television host Riaz Meghji…
- Joe Perkins Makes his CHEK Debut; O’Hara-Byrne…