Matt Sutton from Down Under joins Matt Cundill on the ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
Matt Sutton comes from Australia. There was a time when having people with funny accents was novelty. Then it became common place. With the advent of Youtube, Facebook and people consuming their media globally, it’s not a thing anymore. In 2012, I had the delight of bringing Matt to Canada as we launched Fresh-FM in Winnipeg. The best part was bringing him over from Brisbane’s B105 and introducing him to Canada… in February. There were subsequent promotions like “Make Matt a Winnipegger” and his “Lyrical Conversations” which still get talked about today.
One thing that did come up a few times in this podcast, in the role that community played in his development, and the development of Australia’s most successful morning duo, Hamish and Andy. It’s something that is not as prominent in North American radio because of the sheer volume of stations. Matt is now the afternoon drive host at Z95.3 in Vancouver and he loves it more than he thought he would. But he’s still loyal to the Winnipeg Jets and Blue Bombers.
This episode is powered by NLogic. http://go.nlogic.ca/l/130651/
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Mike Killeen’s New Gig is with CBC Vancouver TV News
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- Kudos to CTV Vancouver on Election Night
- Whither Seattle’s 106.1 KISS FM? 17 Year…
- Deep state rolls out staged “bomb” attack on CNN…
- Rebranded Crave streaming service combines HBO,…
- No Flip? New KiSS 103.1 Morning Show Announced