Daughter of broadcast mogul Allan Slaight makes bid to gain control of troubled JAZZ.FM
Published Friday August 24, 2018
The daughter of Canadian billionaire Allan Slaight is behind a major push to gain control of JAZZ.FM, a Toronto radio station mired in scandal.
In a three-page letter sent to the station’s board of directors Aug. 17, Marie Slaight, a poet, author and director of an arts production company in Australia, says the only solution to the station’s problems is to “dissolve the board in its entirety” to pave the way for a new institutional culture.
In her letter she says changes are needed to address the “corruption of the board itself” and the “toxic situation” the board has created at JAZZ.FM.
Slaight donated $250,000 last year to name a studio at JAZZ.FM in her father’s honour for two years. Marie Slaight, 63, is the sister of Gary Slaight, a wealthy Toronto entrepreneur and CEO of radio broadcasting company Slaight Communications.
She claims the current board is “quite simply killing” JAZZ.FM due to what she calls the board’s lack of judgment.
And she’s one of several people in an Aug. 3 email exchange that included a chart with names of 20 potential directors who could form a slate to toss out JAZZ.FM’s existing board.
Slaight’s name is second on the chart.
Read More HERE
Also, Read more: The turmoil at JAZZ.FM
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM