Scripps Gets Out of the Radio Business
Sells Its Final Group Of Radio Stations To SummitMedia For $47 Million
August 15, 2018 courtesy AllAccess.com
THE E.W. SCRIPPS COMPANY has reached an agreement to sell its last group of 19 radio stations in four markets — WICHITA, KS; SPRINGFIELD, MO; OMAHA, NE; and KNOXVILLE, TN — to SUMMITMEDIA, LLC for $47 million. This is the fourth and final transaction in the sale of SCRIPPS’ radio assets.
SUMMITMEDIA is purchasing:
- Country KFDI (101.3 FM), Rock KICT (95.1 FM), Classic Rock KFXJ (104.5 FM), Regional Mexican KYQQ (106.5 FM), and Classic Country KFTI-A (1070 AM)/WICHITA, KS
- Country KTTS (94.7 FM), Top 40 KSPW (96.5 FM), News-Talk KSGF (104.1 FM and 1260 AM), and Adult Hits KRVI (106.7 FM)/SPRINGFIELD, MO
- Rock KEZO (92.3 FM), AC KSRZ (104.5 FM), Top 40 KQCH (94.1 FM), Classic Rock KKCD (105.9 FM), and Sports KXSP (590 AM)/OMAHA, NE
- Country WCYQ (100.3 FM), Top 40 WWST (102.1 FM), Top 40/R WKHT (104.5 FM), and Classic Hits WNOX (931. FM)/KNOXVILLE, TN
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
“SUMMITMEDIA’s focus on growth in the radio industry make it a good home for these stations,” said SCRIPPS Pres./CEO ADAM SYMSON. “With SUMMIT, these stations will be able to fully live out their mission of informing and entertaining local audiences. With our sale of these 19 stations, SCRIPPS has completed the sale of our entire radio station group.
READ MORE HERE AT THE ALL ACCESS WEBSITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Mike Killeen’s New Gig is with CBC Vancouver TV News
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- Kudos to CTV Vancouver on Election Night
- Whither Seattle’s 106.1 KISS FM? 17 Year…
- Deep state rolls out staged “bomb” attack on CNN…
- Rebranded Crave streaming service combines HBO,…
- Jim Acosta White House Press Pass Suspended