Nobody Was Listening, Now everyone’s talking about Roundhouse Radio
So, now we get word Roundhouse Radio has been sold, and will be going dark on Sunday night. Meaning the current owners will no longer pay the costs involved in operating the station beyond this weekend. In the meantime and in-between time, next move will be by the CRTC to either approve or reject the sale.
As much as we’re sorry to see the demise of this unique radio station in Vancouver, it is, what it is!
In talking with a number of friends these past few days, naturally the topic came around to Roundhouse going black, and the big question, what would you do with this Vancouver radio frequency? Keeping in mind the weak signal, which could and should probably be included in the application, and that is for an increase in power, or possibly low power repeater stations in the lower mainland.
If it was your brand new radio station, what would you do with 98.3 FM?
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…