Bill Cosby Convicted on All 3 Counts in Sex Assault of Canadian
courtesy USA Today April 26 2018
NORRISTOWN, Pa. — The jury in the Bill Cosby sexual-assault retrial has reached a verdict after a day and a half of deliberations: He has been found guilty on all three counts.
Jury deliberations in Bill Cosby’s sexual-assault retrial resumed for a second day Thursday after the jury listened to nearly an hour of read-back testimony by Cosby’s star defense witness, who sought to raise doubts about the credibility of main accuser Andrea Constand, a native of Toronto.
The seven men and five women of the jury spent hours deliberating on the first day on Wednesday, but also sent out multiple questions and requests for read-backs of statements and testimony.
Before retiring for the night shortly after 9 p.m Wednesday., the jury asked that the first item of business the next morning be a review of testimony by Cosby witness Marguerite Jackson, a former friend and colleague of Constand who claims Constandspoke to her about framing a celebrity with false accusations and then suing to extract millions. The reading of Jackson’s testimony took 57 minutes.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…