Seattle Radio PPM Analysis & Demo Leaders .. Jan. 2018
courtesy Research Director Ltd. Feb. 23 2018
- SEATLE-TACOMA: Annnnnd … We’re Back
- There was a considerable amount of pixie dust that needed to settle after the holidays dissipated. There were four stations that made the Santa switch and several that went through a format metamorphosis afterward. In the end, it was UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON N/T KUOW that ended up back on top of the 6+ leaderboard. The station also had its highest share in over a year (6.4-7.9). HUBBARD Top 40/M KQMV (MOVIN) moved back up to #2 with its best outing since JULY (5.2-6.2). Santa’s main squeeze was HUBBARD AC KRWM (WARM). It dropped from the lead to #3 (11.8-5.5). Last year it finished at #4 with a 5.6 share. It was also tied with ENTERCOM Active Rock KISW, which moved up from #6 with its highest total in over a year (4.6-5.5). BONNEVILLE Talk KIRO-F dropped back to #5 (5.7-5.4). And, what of the other Frosty fellows? ENTERCOM AC KSWD (THE SOUND – formerly KMPS) moved up six places to #11 (2.8-3.9). SINCLAIR Hot AC KPLZ (STAR) dropped from a tie at #3 to a tie at #12 (5.7-3.6) while CRISTA Christian Contemporary KCMS (SPIRIT) slipped two slots to #16 (3.2-3.0).
- There was a ton of 25-54 shares up for grabs with Santa’s demise. KISW moved up to #1 with its best book in over a year while KQMV advanced to #2 as it ended a two-book slide. ENTERCOM Adult Hits KJAQ (JACK) inched up to #3 with its highest score in over a year while ENTERCOM Alternative KNDD (THE END) stepped forward to #4 with its fourth up book in a row. KUOW was up four slots to #5 with its best performance in over a year. KRWM dropped from #1 to #7 (tied at #3 last year) and was joined by iHEARTMEDIA Classic Hits KJR-F (THE JET), which soared from a tie at #12 with a rather large increase.
- The top five 18-34 stations remained the same, only the shares were changed to protect the innocent. KISW roared to #1 and cracked the double-digit barrier at the same time. KQMV ended a three-book slide to remain at #2. It was paired with KNDD, which moved up with its best book in over a year. These three stations were clearly separated from the rest of the field. ENTERCOM Rhythmic AC KHTP (HOT) inched up to #4 with a slight decrease. KRWM dropped from #1 to #5 – it finished #6 a year ago.
- The 18-49 results were not too different from the previous two demos. KISW moved up to #1 while KQMV advanced to #2 as both stations had big increases. KNDD was up to #3 with its highest share in over a year. KJAQ stepped up a spot to #4 with its third up book in a row. KHTP stepped up to #5 despite a small loss. It was tied with KRWM, which fell from #1. It had landed in a tie at #3 a year ago.
Published on February 23, 2018 at 8:33 am by boredop
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell’s Virgin Radio Toronto & Edmonton…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- Trudeau Government Announces $600 MILLION Media…
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Vancouver Radio PPMs … Aug. 27th – Nov.…
- No Flip? New KiSS 103.1 Morning Show Announced
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- CBC, ‘The Ocean’ &…