The 10th annual Steve Young Broadcaster Award. Nominations now wecome
Feb 14, 2018
Time once again for CMW’s Steve Young Broadcaster of the Year Award. If you could please publicize the following we would appreciate it.
Don’t you just love the new crop of broadcasters: young and fresh with something to say, and the tools to say it. Over the past 10 years when we first awarded the Steve Young Broadcaster of the Year award we’ve seen the young talent explode in our country. Radio is all about compelling personalities who will continue to be the critical point of difference as the radio industry marches forward.
Please take the opportunity to shine a spotlight on one of your rising stars, as CMW and “Friends of Steve Young” once again salute Steve with the “Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award in Honour of Steve Young”.
This is the 10th annual award to recognize Canada’s outstanding young broadcasters, many of whom have gone on to big successes since receiving the award. The winning recipient’s travel, accommodation and CMW registration will be covered so they can receive this award in person.
Anyone also working in the industry can nominate any worthy broadcaster so long as they meet these criteria:
- Candidate must be under the age of 30 as of April 20th, 2018
- Must work in the programming department: On-Air, Programming, Promotion, Production or Creative
- Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
- Must be Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft
Deadlines for entries is Monday March 12th at midnight EST time. Entries arriving after the deadline will not be eligible.
Winners will be notified by Monday April 9th, 2018.
Please note that past nominees, including last year’s runners-up, can again be nominated. Click here – or copy-and-paste the link below – to access the Submission Form that must be completed for your nomination.
Don’t forget to attach materials in support of your submission (mp3 airchecks, press coverage, documentation of community involvement, awards, ratings, proof of age etc.)
Special appreciation to CMW’s Neill Dixon and Greg Simpson for continuing to honour Steve. A special thank you to Jim Waters and the Waters family for generously sponsoring the award year after year.
To learn more about Steve Young please visit his tribute page on Facebook: http:/tinyurl.com/steveyoungtribute
Jim JJ Johnston
President, CEO, Chief Talent Coach
JJ International Media/Management
Solutions (JJIMs Inc.)
“Doing the bright things to expedite your business growth”
JJIMS World Headquarters, Sheba’s Island, Ontario, K0K 2T0
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Kelowna’s NEW Beach Radio, has a morning show!