CBU AM 690 to Reduce Power from 50kw to 25kw
Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-52
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 18 July 2017
Ottawa, 7 February 2018
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Vancouver, British Columbia
Public record for this application: 2017-0604-5
CBU Vancouver –Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to change the authorized contours of the English-language radio programming undertaking CBU Vancouver, British Columbia, by changing the antenna pattern and decreasing the daytime and nighttime transmitter power from 50,000 to 25,000 watts. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The CBC stated that these technical changes are required due to damages sustained by a recent fire and that they should result in a similar coverage area, as most of the Radio One AM reception in the area is duplicated by the Radio One FM signal from CBU-2-FM Vancouver.
- The licensee added that proposed changes will ensure excellent coverage in Vancouver and the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective once the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The licensee must implement the technical changes by no later than 7 February 2020. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
Published on February 7, 2018 at 10:02 am by Turn Table3
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Radio Icon Rob Christie calls it a day…
- Harvard Red Deer’s Cruz Resurrects as X 100.7
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Charmaine De Silva Leaving CKNW for News Director Slot at…
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- Long time Radio man Bob Addison to join Drex as Network…
- CTV News Toronto Anchor Paul Bliss Suspended after Sex…
- Shaw employees say atmosphere is grim following massive…
- Kiah Tucker to PM Drive at KiSS 104.9