CBU AM 690 to Reduce Power from 50kw to 25kw
Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-52
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 18 July 2017
Ottawa, 7 February 2018
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Vancouver, British Columbia
Public record for this application: 2017-0604-5
CBU Vancouver –Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to change the authorized contours of the English-language radio programming undertaking CBU Vancouver, British Columbia, by changing the antenna pattern and decreasing the daytime and nighttime transmitter power from 50,000 to 25,000 watts. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The CBC stated that these technical changes are required due to damages sustained by a recent fire and that they should result in a similar coverage area, as most of the Radio One AM reception in the area is duplicated by the Radio One FM signal from CBU-2-FM Vancouver.
- The licensee added that proposed changes will ensure excellent coverage in Vancouver and the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective once the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The licensee must implement the technical changes by no later than 7 February 2020. To request an extension, the licensee must submit a written request to the Commission at least 60 days before that date, using the form available on the Commission’s website.
Published on February 7, 2018 at 10:02 am by Turn Table3
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Fires Morning Show
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Teasing a Change
- More on Victoria’s KOOL FM Morning Show Changes
- Victoria’s KOOL FM becomes 107.3 Virgin Radio
- “Save Cold Lake Radio”! (Stingray is…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- RIP Broadcaster Mike Cleaver, Newsman…
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…