Fired CBC Legislative Reporter Lands with Global TV
As reported on Northwest Broadcasters’ recent news page, former CBC Vancouver legislative reporter Richard Zussman has joined Global BC as an online reporter based at the BC Legislature in Victoria. He was dismissed by CBC in December for violating the Corporation’s code of conduct, conflict-of-interest rules and the collective agreement with the Canadian Media Guild union. Zussman had co-written a book on B.C. politics without clearing it with his superiors at the CBC.
This led to a statement of condemnation by Premier John Horgan, who told The Province newspaper “I think it’s outrageous. The guy’s a professional and he’s being treated very, very poorly by an organization that clearly doesn’t understand his value to them.
“They’re burning a very useful asset. As a business decision, it’s a bad one.”
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…