NBC Sunday Night Football With Seahawk Upset Rises 14%
by Dominic Patten, Deadline Hollywood
December 4, 2017
In Las Vegas, the odds were on the Philadelphia Eagles to come out on top on (this week’s) Sunday Night Football, but someone forgot to tell the Seattle Seahawks.
In a game preceded by several Seattle players sitting or kneeling during the national anthem, the Seahawks proceeded to clip the division-leading Eagles’ wings with a 24-10 victory. Led by all-engines-firing QB Russell Wilson last night at home and the Eagles not challenging a certain questionable forward pass, the Super Bowl XLVIII champs are now 8-4 for the current season and looking good heading into the playoffs in the next few weeks.
On a weekend of NFL games peppered with player protests, the ratings didn’t suffer as the nationally known Eagles and Seahawks battled it out: In metered market results, last night’s SNF scored a 13.1/22, a 7% rise over the MM ratings for the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 31-28 win over the Green Bay Packers on November 26. Steady with the previous week in the early numbers, that SNF went on to deliver a 6.0/20 among adults 18-49 and 18.95 million viewers.
Week 13 2017 versus Week 13 2016, last night’s SNF jumped 14% in metered market ratings over the Seahawks’ 40-7 blowout of the Carolina Panthers back on December 4, 2016. Also steady with its own previous airing in MM numbers, that Week 13 SNF matchup went on to snag a 6.1/19 key demo rating and a total audience of 17.75 million, where were down a tenth in 18-49 from the Week 12 2016 ratings.
READ MORE HERE AT THE DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD WEBSITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios in…
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018