Sportnet’s Baseball Commentator Gregg Zaun Fired for ‘Inappropriate Behaviour’
TORONTO, ON. (NEWS 1130) – A personality at Sportsnet, owned by Rogers has been fired following complaints by multiple female employees about inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
Gregg Zaun was immediately let go today when the allegations surfaced.
“After investigating the matter, we decided to terminate his contract, effective immediately,” says Rogers Media President Rick Brace. “This type of behaviour completely contradicts our standards and our core values. We believe in a professional workplace where all employees feel comfortable and respected. We are grateful to our employees who spoke with us and we will take every measure to protect their privacy.”
He had been working as a full-time analyst on Sportsnet’s baseball telecasts since his retirement from the majors in 2011.
Rogers is the parent company of NEWS 1130.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- C-FAX Loses Pamela McCall in Bell Belt Tightening
- Bell/CTV Initiates Another Round of Layoffs
- Vancouver’s Radio Traffic Man Neil O’Brien dies
- Chuck Chandler dies in Victoria
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Vancouver PPM Radio Ratings .. Aug. 28 – Nov. 26 2017
- Bell Media Confirms Local Radio & TV Layoffs
- David Bray’s PPM Demo Breakouts .. VANCOUVER Nov. 2017
- Peter Weissbach, Edmonton/Vancouver/Seattle/Portland Talk…
- Dave Sheldon Leaves Pulse 107.7 for Evenings on Sportsnet…