Sportnet’s Baseball Commentator Gregg Zaun Fired for ‘Inappropriate Behaviour’
TORONTO, ON. (NEWS 1130) – A personality at Sportsnet, owned by Rogers has been fired following complaints by multiple female employees about inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
Gregg Zaun was immediately let go today when the allegations surfaced.
“After investigating the matter, we decided to terminate his contract, effective immediately,” says Rogers Media President Rick Brace. “This type of behaviour completely contradicts our standards and our core values. We believe in a professional workplace where all employees feel comfortable and respected. We are grateful to our employees who spoke with us and we will take every measure to protect their privacy.”
He had been working as a full-time analyst on Sportsnet’s baseball telecasts since his retirement from the majors in 2011.
Rogers is the parent company of NEWS 1130.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria Times Colonist to Abandon its own Printing…
- TSN 1040’s Bro Jake Announces His Sign-Off
- Jeff Brown of Q 107 Calgary heading to west coast…
- City TV Vancouver Announces Anchor Team for Return…
- News 1130 Weather: Russ in the AM, Soon Kuss in the PM
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- JJ Richards, Former C-FUN, CKDA News Director, Dead at 88
- Bill Good Sparks Questions as Voice of New…
- Canadian Actor in ‘Dallas’ &…
- The Okanagan Valley’s 10 best radio personalities