Sportnet’s Baseball Commentator Gregg Zaun Fired for ‘Inappropriate Behaviour’
TORONTO, ON. (NEWS 1130) – A personality at Sportsnet, owned by Rogers has been fired following complaints by multiple female employees about inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
Gregg Zaun was immediately let go today when the allegations surfaced.
“After investigating the matter, we decided to terminate his contract, effective immediately,” says Rogers Media President Rick Brace. “This type of behaviour completely contradicts our standards and our core values. We believe in a professional workplace where all employees feel comfortable and respected. We are grateful to our employees who spoke with us and we will take every measure to protect their privacy.”
He had been working as a full-time analyst on Sportsnet’s baseball telecasts since his retirement from the majors in 2011.
Rogers is the parent company of NEWS 1130.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios in…
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018