Sportnet’s Baseball Commentator Gregg Zaun Fired for ‘Inappropriate Behaviour’
TORONTO, ON. (NEWS 1130) – A personality at Sportsnet, owned by Rogers has been fired following complaints by multiple female employees about inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
Gregg Zaun was immediately let go today when the allegations surfaced.
“After investigating the matter, we decided to terminate his contract, effective immediately,” says Rogers Media President Rick Brace. “This type of behaviour completely contradicts our standards and our core values. We believe in a professional workplace where all employees feel comfortable and respected. We are grateful to our employees who spoke with us and we will take every measure to protect their privacy.”
He had been working as a full-time analyst on Sportsnet’s baseball telecasts since his retirement from the majors in 2011.
Rogers is the parent company of NEWS 1130.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…