CKVU/CHEK Sports Page Gets Exhibit at the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame
Sports Page, the iconic and beloved Vancouver sports highlights TV show that launched the careers of some of sports broadcasting’s biggest hitters, is getting its own exhibit at the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame.
Sports Page: The Exhibit celebrates the 40th anniversary of the start of the show, which first hit the airwaves in 1977 on CKVU.
The show, which launched the careers of Don Taylor, Barry Macdonald, Paul Carson, Dan Murphy, Dave Randorf, John Shorthouse, Scott Rintoul and Blake Price, continued on CKVU until 2001 before moving to CHEK for its final four years.
Before we had a universe of 24-hour sports channels and online content, Sports Page was must-watch TV for B.C. sports fans.
The brand-new exhibit, which opens Dec. 9, will feature a re-creation of the Sports Page anchor desk, interactive trivia games, items of memorabilia, inside stories and anecdotes as well as artifacts related to both the show and the events it covered.
The exhibit will have a dedicated section to Yulin’ with the Page, the Sports Page’s annual Christmas-themed program, which will showcase the annual Plays of the Year footage from the past, in a 1990’s era living room, complete with period fireplaces, furniture and Christmas decorations.
Also featured will be clips of Sports Page’s first and last moments, as well as beloved anniversary shows, and a full roster of the program’s alumni.
Sports Page: The Exhibit
Public Opening: Dec. 9
Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily (closed at start of game days at B.C. Place)
Location: Gate A of B.C. Place Stadium (next to Terry Fox Plaza)
Admission: Adults $15; Youth (6-17), Students and Seniors: $12
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…