Jeff Vidler talks Podcast and Generation X! Matt Cundill’s ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
Jeff Vidler’s company Audience Insights teamed up with Jeff Ulster and conducted a deep dive n podcasting. The study was commissioned by the Globe & Mail. The study’s goal is to help podcasters develop content strategy, increase opportunities for monetization and create a road map for growing a young and diverse new audience. There were questions about the types of podcasts consumed, where they listen to them, demographics, and the most interesting stat – when they started consuming podcasts. I’ll spoil it now – 74% of respondents said it was within the last 3 years, and 41% in the last year. Numbers like that speak volumes to podcasting’s ascension.
You can download the podcast study here: docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/b9f0d2_8411…f1197f28a85.pdf
Jeff will be appearing at the OAB Conference and offering insights on Generation X. This is an ample opportunity to take about the generation sandwiched between Boomers and Millennials. Now that they make up the 35-54 demographic, if they aren’t catered to now – they never will be.
Finally, I wondered what a radio station called Gen X Radio would sound like. (Actually The Sound Off Media Company has a number of format design concepts… this one was created last year)
The show is brought to you by Promosuite. Please visit their site and go paperless. www.promosuite.com/mattcundill
“Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- More on the Imminent Death of Roundhouse Radio