Bill O’Reilly’s Accuser Arrested for False Allegation of Crime
October 9, 2017
What is it the Bible says about bearing false witness?
It’s been revealed that Perquita Burgess, the woman who accused former Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly of sexual harassment earlier this year (she claims that he called her “hot chocolate” and made “grunting noises” in her direction), was arrested in 2015 in Detroit for telling police her boyfriend hit her with a nonexistent gun.
Back in April, The New York Times broke the story of sexual harassment accusations against O’Reilly — including Burgess’ — at a time after former Fox News chief Roger Ailes had been fired for his own alleged misbehavior the year prior. Liberal watchdog group Media Matters targeted 80 commercial sponsors of Fox and O’Reilly’s show, claiming it would publicly embarrass them if they didn’t immediately demand O’Reilly’s dismissal from Fox News.
60 companies withdrew their support for O’Reilly’s program pending his termination. O’Reilly was fired from Fox and added his signature to a settlement between Fox and the women — including Burgess — who accused him, in order to spare his family media scrutiny. He has in the meantime repeatedly not admitted wrongdoing in any of the matters. (It should be noted that all of the allegations made against O’Reilly in the Times report besides Burgess’ were more than a decade old.)
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria Times Colonist to Abandon its own Printing…
- TSN 1040’s Bro Jake Announces His Sign-Off
- Jeff Brown of Q 107 Calgary heading to west coast…
- City TV Vancouver Announces Anchor Team for Return…
- News 1130 Weather: Russ in the AM, Soon Kuss in the PM
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- JJ Richards, Former C-FUN, CKDA News Director, Dead at 88
- Bill Good Sparks Questions as Voice of New…
- Canadian Actor in ‘Dallas’ &…
- The Okanagan Valley’s 10 best radio personalities