The host is currently under investigation following reports of texting inappropriate photos to colleagues.
Fox News Specialists host Eric Bolling has been suspended pending the results of an investigation, which is currently underway, Fox News confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
According to a Huffington Post report on Friday, Bolling “sent an unsolicited photo of male genitalia via text message to at least two colleagues at Fox Business and one colleague at Fox News.”
A spokesperson for Fox News said in an emailed statement, “Eric Bolling has been suspended pending the results of an investigation, which is currently underway.”
According to the report, the women who made the allegations were former or current employees of Fox, who told colleagues the photos were very “upsetting and offensive.” Four people, outside of the recipients, claimed they’d seen the photo in question, and eight others said the women had told them about it.
Bolling’s attorney told the outlet, when asked of the allegations, “Mr. Bolling recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications, and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made.”
Before joining Fox News Specialists, Bolling was previously part of the rotating panel on The Five, which took over the 9 p.m. slot in a programming shuffle after the April 19 ouster of Bill O’Reilly. Bolling previously worked as an independent trader and joined Fox News and Fox Business after several years on CNBC’s Fast Money.
Fox gave no further details, and it is unclear if the suspension is paid or unpaid.
MUCH MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER IS HERE.