Bob Robertson ‘Celebration of Life’ Set for June 30th
Bob’s widow Linda Cullen has announced that a Celebration of Life for the late comedian/broadcaster has been set for 1:30 pm on June 30th. It is scheduled to take place in Vancouver at the Bard on the Beach site near Whyte Avenue, northwest of the Burrard Bridge.
Robertson and Cullen co-starred in the radio and TV series “Double Exposure” on the CBC and CTV in the 80’s and 90’s. He died suddenly in Nanaimo in March at age 71.
In 1994, the show was named the best weekly network program on CBC Radio and Stereo. Their later TV show earned six Gemini nominations and in 2004 it was given a star on Vancouver’s Entertainment Row.
Double Exposure was known for the stars’ impressions of the politicians of the day, including memorable sketches about Brian Mulroney, Joe Clark, Preston Manning, Barbara McDougall, Bill Vander Zalm and others, as well as international figures such as Margaret Thatcher.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Don Shafer Leaves Roundhouse Radio …
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- BREAKING: Roundhouse Radio 98.3 has a New Owner
- Nobody Was Listening, Now everyone’s talking…
- Corus Radio Turfs Ottawa Music Host on Eve of 30…
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- How would you like to live in Victoria and Manage a…
- Randene Neill Leaving Global News
- Coast-to-Coast AM Moves to Vancouver’s AM 1410
- Ratings Crisis: CNN Suffers Viewership Collapse of…