Bob Robertson ‘Celebration of Life’ Set for June 30th
Bob’s widow Linda Cullen has announced that a Celebration of Life for the late comedian/broadcaster has been set for 1:30 pm on June 30th. It is scheduled to take place in Vancouver at the Bard on the Beach site near Whyte Avenue, northwest of the Burrard Bridge.
Robertson and Cullen co-starred in the radio and TV series “Double Exposure” on the CBC and CTV in the 80’s and 90’s. He died suddenly in Nanaimo in March at age 71.
In 1994, the show was named the best weekly network program on CBC Radio and Stereo. Their later TV show earned six Gemini nominations and in 2004 it was given a star on Vancouver’s Entertainment Row.
Double Exposure was known for the stars’ impressions of the politicians of the day, including memorable sketches about Brian Mulroney, Joe Clark, Preston Manning, Barbara McDougall, Bill Vander Zalm and others, as well as international figures such as Margaret Thatcher.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell, Cineplex, Rogers and Shaw are trying to censor the…
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Roundhouse Radio Picks up Coast to Coast AM with George…
- Katie Couric Leaving her Yahoo News Anchor Role
- CHEK-TV’s Gordie Tupper Packing it in
- CKNW AM 980 Changes Branding, Logo
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- New General Manager at Pattison Cranbrook Stations
- Ian Power Takes Mornings at Surrey’s Pulse 107.7