Wish Rudy Hartman a Happy 99th Birthday!
One of the nicest guys ever in Canadian radio, Rudy Hartman, turns 99 on Wednesday April 6th. He’s still got some of the best pipes ever to be heard over a Vancouver, Victoria or BBC microphone (during WWII), and while his health is not the absolute best, he still manages to make it to our monthly luncheons of the Victoria “radio bunch.” We had an early 99th birthday party for him Monday afternoon, with a delightful birthday cake that he thoroughly enjoyed.
And Rudy still has all his wits about him, which means he can enjoy a good conversation … and a good joke.
If you ever worked with Rudy during his stops at the pre-rock CKLG, CHQM, CJVB, CJVI or CFMS, or if you remember him as a listener, I know he’d be delighted to hear from you. He is residing at the Berwick Retirement Home on Elk Lake Drive, and can be reached through their switchboard at (250) 386-4680.
Thanks to Gord Lansdell at Vancouver Broadcasters for the solo photo of Rudy.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell, Cineplex, Rogers and Shaw are trying to censor the…
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Katie Couric Leaving her Yahoo News Anchor Role
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Roundhouse Radio Picks up Coast to Coast AM with George…
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- CHEK-TV’s Gordie Tupper Packing it in
- Ian Power Takes Mornings at Surrey’s Pulse 107.7
- New General Manager at Pattison Cranbrook Stations
- CKNW AM 980 Changes Branding, Logo