||Please note that is time once again for CMW’S Alan Waters Young Broadcast Award.
This annual award goes to a top Young Broadcaster under the age of 30 years old in honour of the legendary Steve Young.
Please click on http://cmw.net/awards/allan-waters-young-broadcaster-award-nominations/ to enter your nominations by March 21st.
- The 2016 criteria:
- Candidates must be under the age of 30 as of April 30, 2016
- Must work in the programming department: On-air, Programming, Promotion, Production or Creative
- Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
- Must be Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft
Winning recipient receives complimentary travel, accommodation and CMW registration to receive the award in person.
- Deadline is March 21, 2016, midnight EST time. Entries arriving after the deadline will not be eligible. A winner will be chosen and notified by April 1, 2016.
- Don’t forget to attach materials in support of your submission (mp3 airchecks, press coverage, documentation of community involvement, awards, ratings, proof of age etc.)
- For any questions, please email this year’s go chairs Bob Saint at [email protected] and Jim JJ Johnston at [email protected].
I worked with Steve Young, at CFRA. He was one of the finest people I have ever met. I think this is a wonderful tribute, to a delightful, and much loved man. Good luck!!!