The Beat flips to Virgin
Thursday February the 19th, 2015 1:57PM
Word just in to Puget Sound Radio, Vancouver’s The Beat will flip to Virgin Radio on Thursday March the 5th….
With the purchase of Astral by Bell Media in 2013, Bell holds the rights to the Virgin Brand here in Canada. Once the sale was finalized, it opened up the door for Newcap to come into the city and buying The Shore and the 95.3 frequency which at the time was the Virgin radio station in Vancouver, so Newcap rebranded with the brand from the past Z953. Because of contract commitments with Virgin, the parent company, the deal is to have a Virgin station in all Bell Media markets. Considering both The Beat and CHQM are strong leaders in the market, its no wonder there was lots of consideration as to who would pick up the brand, and the Beat will now proudly display the Virgin 94.5 FM name in Vancouver. Speculation had been CHQM would be the one to flip
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Vancouver’s CKNW Celebrates 75 Years!
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal