Rap mogul Marion “Suge” Knight pleaded not guilty to murder and attempted murder charges on Tuesday, after allegedly killing one man and running over another following an altercation last week. Knight was rushed to the hospital after the pleadings for an unspecified “medical emergency,” according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Nicole Nishida.
On Monday Knight was charged with murder, attempted murder and two counts of hit-and-run, stemming from a deadly incident outside of a Compton, California, restaurant on Jan. 29.
According to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office, Knight ran over two men with his truck following an altercation — killing one and injuring the other.
The Death Row Records founder is being held without bail, after he was deemed a flight risk and his bail was revoked.
Knight is accused of running over two men in Compton on Thursday in the parking lot of Tam’s Burgers in the 1200 block of West Rosecrans Avenue. Investigators say he drove his pickup truck backward then forward, killing one man and injuring the other.
The deceased victim has been identified as Terry Carter, while the injured man has been identified as Cle Sloan.
Lt. John Corina of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Thursday that there were “several witnesses” to the incident, which reportedly took place near a promotional shoot for the upcoming Universal film “Straight Outta Compton.”
“We have several witnesses who saw [Knight] run over the men. It looked to them it was intentional,” Corina said.
According to TMZ, Knight will remain in custody. A hearing in the case is set for Feb. 9.