BY BILL HARRIS, QMI AGENCY
FIRST POSTED: | UPDATED:
TV has given us Army Wives, Sister Wives, Real Housewives, Desperate Housewives and The Good Wife, to name but a few. But Hockey Wives?
Talk about a show that speaks directly to Canada. I guess “Wives of Tim Hortons Employees” is next.
Anyway, Corus Entertainment confirmed that the new reality series Hockey Wives will premiere March 18 on W. Some cast members had been announced previously, but now the full cast has been revealed. It includes:
* Actress Noureen DeWulf, who most recently has been a regular cast member on Charlie Sheen’s Anger Management. She’s the wife of Vancouver Canucks goalie Ryan Miller.
* Nicole Brown, the wife of Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown.
* Model and new mom Martine Forget, who is engaged to Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier.
* Maripier Morin, the girlfriend of Montreal Canadiens winger Brandon Prust.
* Fashion designer Tiffany Parros, who is married to the recently retired George Parros.
* Brijet Whitney, who is married to the recently retired Ray Whitney.
* Social activist Kodette LaBarbera, the wife of Anaheim Ducks goalie Jason LaBarbera.
* Former intelligence specialist for the U.S. military Emilie Blum, the wife of Minnesota Wild defenceman Jonathon Blum.
* Athlete and communications expert Jenny Scrivens, the wife of Edmonton Oilers goalie Ben Scrivens.
* Arizona real estate maven Wendy Tippett, the wife of Arizona Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett.
The eight-part series will unfold over the course of an NHL season.
One might have thought a natural for this would be Elisha Cuthbert, a bona fide Hollywood TV star and wife of Toronto Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf. But Cuthbert actually has a new sitcom coming out, titled One Big Happy, which coincidentally debuts March 17 on NBC, the day before Hockey Wives.
Meanwhile Corus lays off radio staff, who are mostly just regular Joe and Mary Six Packs doing their jobs to keep the hoped for demographic of each station satisfied in order to find “efficiencies”. I bet they don’t cut the dead weight in upper management. Then they fund and peddle more of this [email protected] on t.v. Likely hi-lighting premadonna wives and girl friends of over payed athletes in order to get IMO air heads and other no minds to tune in and watch this junk on t.v.
CRASH AND BURN CORUS!
Farrow make it through today still standing?
How that guy has survived so long with so few smart ideas is baffling.
Farrow. How he’s still employed in such a major position is beyond anyone…I think. Corus Toronto is not even a small reflection of what it use to be.