Mira Laurence Out at CTV Vancouver Island
Nov. 21 2014
Word on the street has Mira Laurence saying goodbye to CTV Vancouver Island, her TV home for more than a decade.
This spring, after 10 years heading up the sports department at the station, she was assigned to lifestyle reporting during a newly formatted CTV News at 5, with anchor Joe Perkins and arts specialist Adam Sawatski.
At the time observers questioned the move, because Mira had established herself solidly in the local sports community, and with viewers who enjoyed her enthusiastic support of local athletes and teams.
Looks like the system-wide Bell Media cutbacks may have targetted Mira’s salary, which one would assume might be close to the top at the station, after 10 years and more with a high profile on-camera assignment.
Both her Twitter account at the station, and her profile on the CTV Van. Island website have been eliminated.
Also said to be gone from the Broad Street station is a producer, identity so far unknown.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- A Blood bath at Jack FM Vancouver
- Steve Darling, Mira Laurence, James Cybulski to Co-Host…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Martin Strong No Longer Hosting Mornings on Roundhouse
- Scott Rintoul Headed for PM Drive on Sportsnet 650?
- Kelowna’s JUICE sold to Castanet
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM…
- The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver
- Edmonton Radio: Morning men