Mira Laurence Out at CTV Vancouver Island
Nov. 21 2014
Word on the street has Mira Laurence saying goodbye to CTV Vancouver Island, her TV home for more than a decade.
This spring, after 10 years heading up the sports department at the station, she was assigned to lifestyle reporting during a newly formatted CTV News at 5, with anchor Joe Perkins and arts specialist Adam Sawatski.
At the time observers questioned the move, because Mira had established herself solidly in the local sports community, and with viewers who enjoyed her enthusiastic support of local athletes and teams.
Looks like the system-wide Bell Media cutbacks may have targetted Mira’s salary, which one would assume might be close to the top at the station, after 10 years and more with a high profile on-camera assignment.
Both her Twitter account at the station, and her profile on the CTV Van. Island website have been eliminated.
Also said to be gone from the Broad Street station is a producer, identity so far unknown.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Brent Shearer Out at CTV Vancouver
- Former NW Sportcaster Neil Macrae dies at 65 (Update:…
- Cancer claims life of CTV Vancouver Island reporter Jett…
- Coleen Christie Out at CTV Vancouver
- From Global Calgary, Paul Haysom returns to Global BC
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- More CTV Layoffs, Union Calls for Government Help for Local…
- Dawn Chubai Leaving City-TV’s ‘Breakfast…
- Inside the Ugly Unravelling at the Vancouver Sun &…
- RIP ‘Big Daddy’ Dave McCormick