Mira Laurence Out at CTV Vancouver Island
Nov. 21 2014
Word on the street has Mira Laurence saying goodbye to CTV Vancouver Island, her TV home for more than a decade.
This spring, after 10 years heading up the sports department at the station, she was assigned to lifestyle reporting during a newly formatted CTV News at 5, with anchor Joe Perkins and arts specialist Adam Sawatski.
At the time observers questioned the move, because Mira had established herself solidly in the local sports community, and with viewers who enjoyed her enthusiastic support of local athletes and teams.
Looks like the system-wide Bell Media cutbacks may have targetted Mira’s salary, which one would assume might be close to the top at the station, after 10 years and more with a high profile on-camera assignment.
Both her Twitter account at the station, and her profile on the CTV Van. Island website have been eliminated.
Also said to be gone from the Broad Street station is a producer, identity so far unknown.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell, Cineplex, Rogers and Shaw are trying to censor the…
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Roundhouse Radio Picks up Coast to Coast AM with George…
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Katie Couric Leaving her Yahoo News Anchor Role
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- CHEK-TV’s Gordie Tupper Packing it in
- CKNW AM 980 Changes Branding, Logo
- Ian Power Takes Mornings at Surrey’s Pulse 107.7
- New General Manager at Pattison Cranbrook Stations