Sales Manager Radio Stations – Brandon, MB
COMMUNITY – TEAMWORK – INTEGRITY – INNOVATION – CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
JOIN OUR TEAM
WESTMAN RADIO LTD. is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become
part of our team. Westman is a successful, fast-paced, and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-
oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique
benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
This leadership position is responsible for directing and leading our sales team. Embodying a high level
of expertise in sales planning, client acquisition, and execution, this leader with an exceptional vision
will implement, champion, and deliver a superior client experience.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a client focused leader, that leads from experience,
by example and by business authority while proactively creating scaled systems, processes, and
procedures to meet the needs, challenges and opportunities of our organization. They are passionate
about standard methodologies, operational excellence, and challenging the status quo in pursuit of
best practices in execution and achieving business success.
Management and Administration
• Develop and execute sales targets both for digital and radio broadcasting platforms
• Assess, develop, plan and implement innovative business development and client retention
strategies and programs, working closely with other department managers and executives, to
ensure sales initiatives meet and integrate with organizational objectives, values and quality of
• Review, recommend and monitor key business performance indicators, departmental metrics,
and measures to support service quality, client retention, and the achievement of financial goals
while staying current with market trends and technology
• Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
• Participate in the development of the Corporate Business Plan by serving as a key resource to
ensure sales revenue, targets, risks, and initiatives are identified and appropriately addressed
• Conduct budget planning and monitoring of expenditures and reporting, including ongoing
forecasting and revenue projections
• Recommend, support, and implement new or modified approaches, policies, and procedures to
maximize productivity and build long-term, sustainable success
• Prepare and present periodic reports and presentations for leadership on the achievement of
program goals, operational standards, issues, risks, and adherence to operational budgets
• Supports, communicates, and reinforces the mission, values, philosophy, and culture of the
SALES MANAGER, RADIO STATIONS – Brandon, MB
Leadership & Employee Development
• Creates and fosters a team environment built on trust, accountability, inclusion, and innovation
• Mentors, coaches and develops employees within the department to ensure short and long term
succession capacity; the achievement of sales and targets for new and existing business; provide
regular coaching on effective ways to foster growth; preparing client proposals; establishing and
servicing client relationships.
• Leads employee selection, training, guidance, performance management and development to
ensure department objectives, goals and performance standards are met
• Leads and promotes positive change within the department and organization
• Proven commitment to the team and organization by actively participating on various committees,
cross functional teams, and with organizational initiatives.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Advertising or a related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years in a sales leadership role
Skills and Competencies:
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive alliances and partnerships with internal
and external customers
• Effective written and verbal communication in conjunction with training skills
• Synthesizes, distills, and communicates complex information at an exceptionally high and
• Ability to work multi-functionally with all levels of internal staff
• Functions autonomously and proactively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
• Highly organized, self-motivated; leadership style of continuous improvement
• Strong leadership presence with a high motivation to meet personal, team and corporate goals
• Demonstrated strategic planning and problem-solving skills
• Quickly establishes positive relationships that engender trust and motivate others to invest in
organizational goals, processes, and systems
• Establishes and communicates clear expectations, deliverables, and deadlines
• Positively leads and motivates cross-functional teams
• Strong qualitative and quantitative data analysis abilities
• Ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities
• Exceptional computer software skills (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook)
• Demonstrated capabilities in proposal development
• A champion of change and continuous improvement.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOON on Monday, June 29, 2020. When applying for this position,
please reference the position title in the subject line and/ or body of the email and/ or cover letter.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we
thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Krista Derksen E-mail: [email protected]
Please tell our valued client you saw this ad on Puget Sound Radio. Thank you.