One Winner, Two Election Losers Among Former BC Broadcasters
Puget Sound Radio extends congratulations to former Vancouver broadcaster and Liberal incumbent Ken Hardie, who won re-election yesterday in the riding of Fleetwood-Port Kells. A graduate of UBC Radio, Hardie was a producer, operator and weekend host at CJOR in 1971 and later served as PD and Promotion Director for CHNL Kamloops.
Two other former local TV newspersons, Liberal candidate Tamara Taggart (above) and Green candidate George Orr (below) were unsuccessful in attempts to get elected. Taggart was a long-time weather, then news anchor at CTV Vancouver, while Orr was a reporter at several TV stations in the 1980s, including the CBC, CKVU and BCTV.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Don Cherry Loses his Coach’s Corner over…
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- MEDIA RELEASE – Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
- Western Alienation …and the CBC
- Dustin Collins leaves Corus Vancouver to join Jim Pattison
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- POWER struggle: Edmonton radio stations to battle…
- Campbell River’s New Country Station…
- CTV Claims Largest Election Night Audience