PROSALESGUY – How Smart Salespeople Deal with Professional Shoppers
Our sales training colleagues in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto occasionally deal with a buyer called the Professional Shopper. This is an individual who contacts many suppliers always trying to get the lowest price. You’ve probably dealt with them before. They’re like trying to catch a fish with your hands. Here’s our best advice in handling the Professional Shopper to ensure you can either close the business or move on to a more promising opportunity.
The Profile of the Professional Shopper
- Appear to have genuine interest upfront
- Asks for a quote or proposal on your product or services
- Shows a sense of urgency in wanting to purchase
- Request that you get back to them quickly or within a tight deadline
- May require research and additional work to meet their requests
- Sometimes change direction with you once you give them your quote or proposal
- Might stall for time to make a final decision as they investigate other suppliers
- Tell you that they can buy the same product somewhere else for much less than you
If you’re looking for more tips on sales techniques and ways to be a leading Salesperson, please check our resources on our website. If you prefer online sales training, check out the free trial of our course The Sales Skills Incubator priced $199 CAD including tax.
We’re also in the final stages of producing our latest online sales training course, Negotiating 2 Party Payoffs. Every great Salesperson wants to learn the skills of being a great negotiator. If you wish to be notified when that course is being launched or future sales ensure that you are signed up to receive the PROSALESGUY BLOG by email.
If you prefer reading, check out our book SHUT UP! Stop Talking and Start Making Money available on Amazon.
If you’re a Sales Manager looking for sales training, give us a call at 250-339-3355 or email [email protected] We design fully individualized sales training programs for our clients.
Dave Warawa – PROSALESGUY