Gargiulo and Depalo were told Wednesday that their services were no longer required, and the station scrubbed references to them from its website.
Virgin Radio hires Cousin Vinny, replacing Freeway and Natasha
Listeners of Virgin Radio 95.9 are upset with the station after it quietly dismissed its morning team of “Freeway” Frank Depalo and Natasha Gargiulo last week, and on Monday morning announced it had hired “Cousin Vinny” Barrucco and Shannon King to replace them.
Barrucco comes back to the station from arch rival The Beat 92.5, which he left Virgin to join when it launched in 2011. He left The Beat in February, being coy about where he was going. It’s standard practice in the industry to have a non-compete clause that prevents you from immediately leaving for a competitor, so Barrucco has been off the air for six months.
King comes to Virgin from Kiss 105.3 in Sudbury, Ont., and before that Kiss 99.3 in Timmins, Ont. She’s originally from Guelph, Ont.
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Three Recent Departures in TV & Radio ..…
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal