Changes at iHeartRadio stations in Kingston
Back in November at least 5 staff at Kingston’s 98.3 Fly FM were let go. All the on-air shows were quickly replaced mostly by out of town voicetrackers. The ones that were let go were morning show co-host/news anchor Susan Amos, program director Jacquie Beckett, midday host/music director Lindsey Young and two sales reps.
When that happened it lead to speculation that a format change was in the works. Well, January 21 comes and there were changes made. The entire on-air lineup of sister station 98.9 The Drive became the new on-air lineup at Fly FM. The on-air lineup at 98.3 Fly FM is the morning show of Reid & Ben in the Morning followed by At Work with Rebecca Fryer, and then Afternoons with Riley, followed by Brittany on Fly and then to round it out, on air with Ryan Seacrest.
So now it seems that there might be a format change on the horizon over at The Drive. Personally, I don’t think a format change will happen. I suspect they will rebrand. My guess is that they would follow the example of sister station from Windsor, 89X. In 2017 they blew out all of there staff and brought in a new lineup. The two articles we posted about it are here and here. At that time the station was still called 89X, so there was no name change, just a new lineup.
I listened to the station for a few hours on Monday evening and I noticed that while running with no on-air talent there are a lot of inconsistencies. During a 45 minute stretch of non-stop music and they played commercials. They advertised the 90’s at 9, where they play 9 essential 90’s songs everyday at 9 am and 9 pm and this evening at 9 pm there was no 90’s at 9 even though they advertised it.
As this story develops we will keep you updated.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Radio & Music man Bobby Gale killed in car crash
- Talk Host Bill Carroll replacing Evan Solomon on…
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Former CTV Anchor Tamara Taggart Running for Fed…
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- CHEK Loses Rising Star Ceildh (Kaley) Miller to…
- After 20 years in Edmonton, Stephen Keppler &…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Dying CNN Lost Almost 30% of Primetime Audience