Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC

Neetu Garcha, Sonia Sunger, Paul Haysom, and Mark Madryga.

Thanks to Connie Thiessen at Broadcast Dialogue for alerting us to imminent changes at Global BC.

Global News Morning BC is revamping its on-air lineup, beginning Monday. Neetu Garcha joins anchors Sonia Sunger and Paul Haysom, meteorologist Mark Madryga and traffic reporter Kaitlyn Herbst, as morning news reporter, moving from her anchor position at BC 1.

Current morning news reporter Jordan Armstrong is heading to the weekend evening anchor desk on Global BC and BC 1, with additional weekday reporting duties.

Weekend anchor  Sonia Deol is now also the host of BC 1 weekly political series Focus BC. She continues to anchor Global News Hour at 6 Weekend.

Published on October 18, 2018 at 10:58 am by clockwatcher

Comments

October 18, 2018 - 1:14 pm

Old School

Does anyone still watch global news ?

October 18, 2018 - 1:24 pm

Sean

Where’s Lynn Collier these days.

October 18, 2018 - 4:31 pm

bill

Well then who’s out?

October 18, 2018 - 10:00 pm

Mike

Lynn is on medical leave according to Jay

October 19, 2018 - 8:15 am

Charles

Global TV? Where

October 19, 2018 - 8:31 am

Lisa

Where is Lynn Collier?

And why so many changes? I love the morning News team now as it is. Love having a male anchor alongside Sonia. PLEASE do not get rid of Sonia now, too.

October 19, 2018 - 11:44 am

Kathy

Congrats to Jordan on the new assignment – a good move. Should of moved Sonia Deol to a reporter position.

October 19, 2018 - 1:01 pm

Troy

if you don’t know Neetu Garcha yet, you will soon. Amazing talent.

October 20, 2018 - 8:34 am

Paul Thomas

Good, now can they get rid of the ridiculous full screen tickers in the morning?

October 20, 2018 - 10:28 am

Bill

Absolutely love Sonia Deol . Could watch her professional style all day .

October 20, 2018 - 11:54 pm

Rasterman

Somewhere out there…. there’s a PR job for Sonia Deol. Hurry!

October 21, 2018 - 9:08 am

Lee H.

Hey Paul! When Global Morning News started showing all those full screen tickers and stuff, effectively turning my 50″ TV into a 32″ TV, I emailed them to complain and was told (to paraphrase): It’s what the people want.

I think they haven’t a clue what the people want.

October 21, 2018 - 2:12 pm

Richard

GLOBALIST news……..nuff said.

October 21, 2018 - 5:09 pm

Terry

So, Sonia is to continue anchoring the Weekend New Hour at 6. But above that, the note says Jordan will move to do the Weekend Evening Anchor Desk. Does that mean he and Sonia will be a team on the desk?

October 22, 2018 - 8:58 am

Philip

Agree with Lee H regarding the tickers reducing the effective screen size. If I want to too all the crap, I can watch BC1 … GET RID OF IT ON THE MAIN CHANNEL!

Jill … Are you listening??

October 22, 2018 - 6:36 pm

Paul Thomas

Yes, they need to get rid of those tickers. CTV gets it right which is a shame because Haysom and co do a great job

October 22, 2018 - 7:03 pm

John Law

Does anyone watch Global any more? There’s not much going on there except a constant change of faces or combined and then gone…. It’s dull and uninspiring…

October 22, 2018 - 7:52 pm

Helen jackson

Please get rid of the ticker! Very annoying and it makes me turn it off! Please also let us know when Lyn will be back. Although Colleen seems nice she is terrible to watch. She is not funny and she is too animated.

October 23, 2018 - 7:21 am

Lee H

Will all the people complaining about the tickers please please please let Global know what they think! [email protected]

As has been said here: If we want that stuff we can watch BC1

I doubt anyone from Global pays any attention to this forum.

As for shuffling around of personalities, no one seems to take into account what the personalities themselves want. I don’t think anyone wants to keep getting up at 3am any longer than they have to. No one wants to work *every* weekend.

The question has been asked–Does anyone still watch Global?

I do but I PVR the evening news and usually can get through that hour in about 10 minutes, fast forwarding through the stuff that doesn’t interest me.

In the morning I am constantly switching between Global, CTV CBC and City. Mostly Global because they seem to do a better job of coverage of events outside the Lower Mainland.

All the networks have personalities we like, personalities we can’t stand and personalities we just don’t care about. Just wait long enough and they will be gone.

(Except, of course, for the ones *I* can’t stand. They never seem to go away. LOL)

October 27, 2018 - 9:28 am

Carole

We really only watch Global on weekday mornings. Really happy to see Paul Haysom back and like Neetu as well. The ticker still sucks though!

November 7, 2018 - 3:48 am

Troy – Neetu is great, but no one will know who she is because no one really watches anymore.

November 7, 2018 - 8:59 am

A. Nelson

My family and I too are bothered by the smaller viewing screen of your hosts. We really miss the full screen. Happy your noon hour news is the full screen. We don’t mind it on BC1, as we only tune in now and then.

Also, as soon as your topic is addiction, we switch channels. It is a tough subject to report. We get upset to see the addicted person shooting up. Please refrain from giving young people lessons on how to inject the substance. You do not need the demos.

November 7, 2018 - 9:45 am

Lee H

A. Nelson

Please please please let Global know your thoughts directly.

This is *not* Global. Posting your thoughts here will not do any good!

[email protected]

November 8, 2018 - 6:37 am

Abbie

Very arrogant people in charge.

November 11, 2018 - 12:11 pm

Mary

At least they’re not CBC, where they have mentally impaired individuals writing their online news stories.

November 13, 2018 - 7:26 am

Les Clare

Big mistake by you guys moving Jordan Armstrong to weekend news. Paul his son thinks he’s a comedian, he is the joke. morning news anchor Jordan’s professionalism appearance and approach to the job can only be matched to Peter Mansbridge. Good luck with future moves !

November 26, 2018 - 8:20 am

Bill Esdon

Where is Mark Madryga??

November 27, 2018 - 6:59 am

Barry

I’d love to see more of Colleen and Kasia on together. They are both great, and I like their sense of humor. Great ladies!!!

November 27, 2018 - 7:06 am

Barry

Mark and Paul need to move on. They have been there to long. There are boring and irritating.

November 29, 2018 - 7:11 am

Joe

Jordan is a great talent, but Paul is my favourite. I just wish he would smile more, like he used to.

November 29, 2018 - 9:18 pm

Bill

Just a reminder…..those of us who don’t have Shaw Cable…..and there are LOTS of us…..don’t get BC1. Just sayin….

December 19, 2018 - 12:16 pm

Julie Byrne

Where is Paul now?

December 20, 2018 - 1:12 pm

Rolo

Global must be horrible to work for. Seniority means nothing. New faces in top jobs all the time. They keep Deol on even though no one can understand her. They covered up the Gailus scandal. Strong rumours that Gordon’s youngest belongs to you know who.
They’ve had some great people move on.

January 5, 2019 - 12:55 pm

rose canuel

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF JORDAN ARMSTRONG MAKING GESTURES AND MAKING A FACE GESTURE. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.
I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PAUL HAYSOM MAKING UGLY FACES IT IS NOT FUNNY.
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.
NOMORE MAKING FACES.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
NO MORE MAKING FACES AND SMILING.
PAUL HAYSOM I WANT YOU TO STOP SMILING.
PAUL HAYSOM CAN YOU KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSE
I DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR TEETH.
JORDAN ARMSTRONG CLOSE YOUR MOUTH I DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR TEETH

January 27, 2019 - 7:00 am

Mark Yates

Move mydryga and Jay to 11 news they are nauseating maybe I’ll watch the weekend morning news if the they put Barry in his place he’s much better than jay

February 16, 2019 - 5:18 pm

Sondra Bonne

What a great city Seattle is. The snow up there was crazy a couple weeks ago! It’s nothing like the snow we have back home but I guess it really shut down the area.

May 4, 2019 - 6:17 pm

Les McDonald

May 2019 now, no Sonia Deol on Global at all.
The morning news is still nothing but tickers and yes I mailed the viewersemail. Never got a reply.
Watch CNN for a quick world update and no more.

May 15, 2019 - 7:37 pm