Roxy Music have today’s almost forgotten track

This came up in random play today and I just had to post it…the longest lasting of the followers here will remember that I posted this once before but it’s been a few years and I love the song so much…for most of us, this was our intro to Roxy Music, and a more auspicious debut would be hard to imagine…totally unlike anything else that was out there, and that was before we got an eyeful of them and their equally unique visual impression…enjoy…

Greg Simpson

Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then. His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.

Published on August 2, 2018 at 9:05 pm by Greg Simpson

Comments

August 3, 2018 - 7:52 am

BMCQ

Top of the Pops! Wow!

Liked a lot of the Roxy stuff over the years.

Somehow his voice seemed to improve quite dramatically after this.

Maria

Had the Album many years ago

I have been following your Posts here for about a year now and I am enjoying it very much.

Following Your Posts and the background stories you provide has rekindled my interest in a lot of the old Music I did not pay much attention to during their initial releases.

Thanks

August 3, 2018 - 12:37 pm

George in Richmond

Roxy Music? Their cover of “like a hurricane” is my fave. They had a particularly good album cover for my years-ago 17 year-old self. Fans will know the one I am talking about.

August 3, 2018 - 1:52 pm

Sean

Avalon was a great album and More then this is a classic,I also like Jealous guy and like a hurricane as well.Bryan Ferry is a class act.

August 3, 2018 - 3:48 pm

greg simpson

Thanks BMCQ, George and Sean…and George…I STILL like that album cover…

August 5, 2018 - 7:52 am

Sean

I agree on the album cover very King Arthurish,I read that Bryan’s ex wife killed herself in Ireland two weeks ago only 58 so sad.

August 6, 2018 - 6:23 am

greg simpson

Didn’t know that Sean…thank you.