Ronnie Hawkins has today’s almost forgotten track
Ronnie Hawkins is a legend in Canada…as a musician and singer, sure, but as a man who can find, train, and work with future stars more than anything else…in his time he has worked with such as Fred Carter, Roy Buchanan, the Canadians who became the Band, the guys from Crowbar and so many others, and he has continued to field great bands his entire career…Ronnie’s slowed down a little, which is to be expected as he’s no spring chicken anymore, but this clip from around 20 years ago on the occasion of his 60th birthday with an all star band of his admirers, performing one of Ronnie’s rare hits is worth the time.
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then. His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…