PROSALESGUY – How Competition Motivates Salespeople
The drive to compete is a sales attribute we look for when training Salespeople in Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto. This trait distinguishes top producing individuals from core performers and sets them apart from the pack. For Sales Managers, identifying competitive Salespeople is no different than coaches looking for quality athletes when building a top-notch team. Here’s how you can recognize these performers and bring out the best in them.
Whenever we talk about the ability to compete, watching the reaction from Salespeople always tells you a lot about their perspective on the subject. Before you picture images of dog-eat-dog and a workplace where co-workers take advantage of the person in the next cubicle to make a buck, allow me to explain the concept of constructive competition.
Here’s an easy way to understand the definition. Competition is an environment where Salespeople are encouraged and given the opportunity to progressively win and beat expectations. Constructive competition brings out the best in performers. It pushes them to always want to do better and never be satisfied with average performance. Ask a competitive Salesperson how they feel about the word average and you’ll see exactly what I mean.
If you’re a Salesperson who believes in making a consistent commitment to learning new skills, check out our book SHUT UP! Stop Talking and Start Making Money available on Kindle and paperback on Amazon or our online sales training program The Sales Skills Incubator. Take the free trial on Chapter 1 – The Stigma of Sales.
If you’re a Sales Manager in Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton or Calgary looking for sales training, give us a call at 250-339-3355 or email [email protected] We design fully individualized sales training programs for our clients.
Dave Warawa – PROSALESGUY
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Bro Jake Announces His Sign-Off
- Jeff Brown of Q 107 Calgary heading to west coast…
- City TV Vancouver Announces Anchor Team for Return…
- News 1130 Weather: Russ in the AM, Soon Kuss in the PM
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- JJ Richards, Former C-FUN, CKDA News Director, Dead at 88
- Victoria Times Colonist to Abandon its own Printing…
- UPDATED: Winnipeg Broadcaster FIRED Over his…
- Bill Good Sparks Questions as Voice of New…
- Canadian Actor in ‘Dallas’ &…