Stephen Stills has today’s almost forgotten track
There are many regular visitors to this page who remember when FM regulations restricted us to playing no more than 50% hit content…that meant, of course, that those of us who programmed music for FM stations had to be aware of more than just what hit the top 40, so that we might offer our listeners great music while staying within the bounds of the regs…sometimes we did it by playing what we knew would become hits before they were released as singles, and, sometimes, an album would come out so loaded with great songs that we just knew we could use what was within without any fear of being in contradiction of the dictates…such a song was this one, from CSNY’s Déjà vu which, hit or not, still deserves to be heard.
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then. His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992, Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver PPM Radio Ratings .. Feb. 26- May 27 2018
- Longtime News 1130’ers Reaon Ford, Ann Schmaltz GONE
- Victoria Times Colonist to Abandon its own Printing…
- The End of a dream… It’s Really Over!…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Shaw Reportedly Shopping its Stake in Corus
- Never Trust The CBC, by Candace Malcolm
- Edmonton PPM Radio Ratings.. Feb 26 – May 27, 2018
- Mike and Helena out at Kiss 91.7
- Iconic Broadcaster/Canucks PA Voice John Ashbridge…