The Tubes have today’s almost forgotten track
In the late 70s, during the heyday of glam rock, a band came along that was so far over the top that it beggars belief…musically, they were as good as anybody else out there, but, to some, their outrageousness, both in appearance and song content perhaps contributed to the reluctance of some to embrace them…for the rest of us though, I’m pretty sure we got the concept, and that concept was, to a large extent, meant to be satirical…they had all the musical chops a band could hope for, with a front man in Fee Waybill who could completely command any room…there were a few hits, to be sure, but the concept of the band could all be summed up, if it needs to be, in this one song.
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…