Thin Lizzy with today’s almost forgotten track, presented by Greg Simpson
Thin Lizzy are known, primarily, for their great rocking tracks like The Boys Are Back in Town, Rosalie, Whiskey in the Jar and on and on…there was, however, a more sensitive side to Phil Lynott, and this song, which he recorded originally with Gary Moore, may be one of the best examples…forget the “may be”, as it IS one of the best examples…Moore isn’t in this live performance, but guitarists Gorham and Robertson recreate his sound and style perfectly, in my estimation…still waiting for that long promised film on Lynott’s life, and hoping that whoever is cast in the role is able to capture the essence of the Irish firebrand…
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…