PROSALESGUY – How To Handle The “I Need To Think About It” Objection
I Need To Think About It
This is one of the most common objections you’ll hear. Followed by “Your prices are too high,” many decision makers throw out the need for more time to think about it on a regular basis. At the start of your sales career, you most likely felt that this is a fair request. After all, why wouldn’t we allow a buyer some extra time to think things through to make the right decision? It sounds reasonable, right?
What Experience Shows Us
After a few years of experience, Professional Salespeople learn that this objection is one of the tougher ones to handle. Pushing people to make a decision is not a great way to build a trusted relationship. Many times buyers who want more time to think about it seem to fizzle out and we never really find out the true reason. This causes us to shudder when we hear those words the next time.
If you’re a Salesperson looking for cost-effective sales training, check out our five-star rated online sales program The Sales Skills Incubator for $199 Canadian including taxes. Our book SHUT UP! Stop Talking and Start Making Money is also available in both paperback and Kindle on Amazon.
Dave Warawa – PROSALESGUY
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…