Bela Fleck & Jerry Douglas have today’s almost forgotten track
Not so much a forgotten track today as a chance to, hopefully, turn those of you who don’t know him, on to Jerry Douglas…guaranteed, you’ve heard him over the years, but his role as a sideman doesn’t always put him in the spotlight…all those debates that go on about the greatest guitar player can come up with dozens, if not hundreds, of possibilities, but if the question is regarding the best Dobro player in the world, there is only one answer, at least currently…who knows what the future may bring, but whoever replaces him as the best on this uncommon instrument will certainly cite Jerry as a major, if not the only, influence on their playing…here he is about thirty years ago with an equally young Bela Fleck showing what they can do…
Greg Simpson firmly believes his career in the music industry officially began on March 14, 1965 when a band gave him ten dollars as commission for helping them find a gig. He hasn’t looked back since then and looks forward to celebrating his fiftieth in 2015 with an enormous party paid for by the hundreds of dollars he’s made since then.
His career has covered all aspects from radio for many years, and including working for record labels, artists and, since 1992,Canadian Music Week where he programs the radio stream and manages all conference streams and events in real time annually. He also attends half a dozen conferences a year doing research for CMW and is generally accepted as a knowledgeable cat with a few stories to tell. At the root of it all, though, is his undying love for music and musicians.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…